Trade slowed some at Tattersalls' October Sale Oct. 12 with two 100,000 guineas lots sharing the top billing.
Part one of Tattersalls' new-look October Sale realized a total $93.68 million (52,631,500guineas) for 512 head sold at an average of $182,976 (102,795gns) and median of $124,600 (70,000gns). The clearance rate was 72%.
Part 2 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale started in strong fashion Wednesday in England
Tattersalls October Sale, traditionally the best barometer to the state of the European yearling market, didn't just surpass previous records -- it obliterated them.
A record Tattersalls (England) October yearling sale price of 450,000 guineas was paid Thursday by Anthony Stroud for a Darshaan colt produced from the Shadeed mare Touville.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia