The British Horseracing Authority has agreed to a switch in dates that will allow racing to take place on the Rowley Mile at Newmarket Racecourse Saturday, Oct. 1, instead of the following Friday, Oct. 7.
Tattersalls and Newmarket Racecourses in England have revamped the Tattersalls Millions race series for graduates of Book 1 of this year's Tattersalls October yearling sale.
- By Mark Popham
The European sales circus moves on to Newmarket, England, for the two-week October Sale organized by Tattersalls, with the select four-day part one due to start Oct. 9. Tattersalls also announced the creation of three new races with purses totalling Â£2.2 million. Only graduates of this year's Tattersalls October sale are eligible to start.
Three new Tattersalls-sponsored sales races, restricted to graduates of the 2007 Tattersalls October Yearling Sale (Book One) and carrying a combined minimum total prize fund of Â£2.2 million, are to be staged at England's Newmarket racecourse starting in 2008/2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot