The British Horseracing Authority has agreed to a switch in dates that will allow racing to take place on the Rowley Mile at Newmarket Racecourse Saturday, Oct. 1, instead of the following Friday, Oct. 7.
Tattersalls and Newmarket Racecourses in England have revamped the Tattersalls Millions race series for graduates of Book 1 of this year's Tattersalls October yearling sale.
- By Mark Popham
The European sales circus moves on to Newmarket, England, for the two-week October Sale organized by Tattersalls, with the select four-day part one due to start Oct. 9. Tattersalls also announced the creation of three new races with purses totalling Â£2.2 million. Only graduates of this year's Tattersalls October sale are eligible to start.
Three new Tattersalls-sponsored sales races, restricted to graduates of the 2007 Tattersalls October Yearling Sale (Book One) and carrying a combined minimum total prize fund of Â£2.2 million, are to be staged at England's Newmarket racecourse starting in 2008/2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Itsinthepost Breaks Through in San Luis Rey