The Tattersalls February sale, held over two days for the first time, saw records across the board as it concluded Feb. 3.
Multiple stakes winner Easton Angel was purchased by Mick Flanagan for 500,000 guineas to top the Feb. 2 first day of the Tattersalls February sale at the paddocks in Newmarket, England.
There are 307 horses, including broodmares, fillies/horses in training, weanlings, and 2-year-olds, cataloged for the Tattersalls February sale, set for Feb. 5 in Newmarket, England.
Group I-placed Sovereign Debt brought the highest price at the Tattersalls February sale Feb. 6 at Park Paddocks in Newmarket, selling for 145,000 guineas ($248,289 in United States funds) to trainer David Nicholls.
Tattersalls launched its 2013 sales calendar on Feb. 7 at Park Paddocks in Newmarket and saw the one-day mixed sale continue the momentum of last year's successful sales season.
Diara Angel, a half sister to 2011 Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. I) winner Wrote, heads a large catalog for the 2013 Tattersalls February Sale Feb. 7.
Tattersalls' first auction of 2004, the one-day February Sale, posted solid advances on last year when turning over 893,900 guineas (up 16%) for 118 lots sold.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement