A record-breaking 625,000 guineas Green Desert colt out of Park Hill Stakes (Eng-III) winner Alexander Three D (Ire) (Pennekamp) provided the icing on the cake in Newmarket Thursday night at the concluding installment of a fantastic renewal of Tattersalls' Breeze-Up Sale.
A fantastic trade at Tattersalls' Breeze-Up Sale's opening night in Newmarket Wednesday saw 18 six-figure lots (compared to 19 at the entire 2005 sale). The turnover soared by 65% to 5.65 million guineas, while the 75,413 guineas average and 55,000 guineas median were both up by 45%.
Europe's 2-year-old in training record price was passed twice at the Tattersalls Breeze-Up Sale Wednesday, most dramatically by a 500,000 guineas Fusaichi Pegasus colt out of champion 2-year-old Lyric Fantasy bought by Fusao Sekiguchi.
The opening day of the Tattersalls Breeze-Up Sale saw solid international trade with buyers from throughout Europe and the Far East all making a significant impact on proceedings and Irish based vendors dominating the top of the market with the top four lots all coming from across the Irish Sea. Average for the day was up 1% to 23,223 guineas for an aggregate of 1,184,400 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet