The action stepped up a notch on the second day of the Tattersalls autumn horses-in-training sale Oct. 28, with 19 lots selling for 100,000 guineas ($169,619 in United States funds) or more and a 90% clearance rate.
Tattersall's Autumn Horses in Training sale opened Oct. 27 with a 17% decline in average.
Dubai International Racing Carnival prospects dominated Tuesday's second session of the Tattersalls Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket.
Despite some notable absentees, Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training in Newmarket, England, between Oct. 23-26 saw a strong trade that resulted in a record turnover of almost 24 million guineas, up 22% on 2005.
Swagger Stick (Cozzene), a half-brother to Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Pleasantly Perfect (Pleasant Colony), topped day two of Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket Tuesday when bought for 220,000gns to race in the US.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita