The action stepped up a notch on the second day of the Tattersalls autumn horses-in-training sale Oct. 28, with 19 lots selling for 100,000 guineas ($169,619 in United States funds) or more and a 90% clearance rate.
Tattersall's Autumn Horses in Training sale opened Oct. 27 with a 17% decline in average.
Dubai International Racing Carnival prospects dominated Tuesday's second session of the Tattersalls Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket.
Despite some notable absentees, Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training in Newmarket, England, between Oct. 23-26 saw a strong trade that resulted in a record turnover of almost 24 million guineas, up 22% on 2005.
Swagger Stick (Cozzene), a half-brother to Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Pleasantly Perfect (Pleasant Colony), topped day two of Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket Tuesday when bought for 220,000gns to race in the US.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm