The action stepped up a notch on the second day of the Tattersalls autumn horses-in-training sale Oct. 28, with 19 lots selling for 100,000 guineas ($169,619 in United States funds) or more and a 90% clearance rate.
Tattersall's Autumn Horses in Training sale opened Oct. 27 with a 17% decline in average.
Dubai International Racing Carnival prospects dominated Tuesday's second session of the Tattersalls Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket.
Despite some notable absentees, Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training in Newmarket, England, between Oct. 23-26 saw a strong trade that resulted in a record turnover of almost 24 million guineas, up 22% on 2005.
Swagger Stick (Cozzene), a half-brother to Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Pleasantly Perfect (Pleasant Colony), topped day two of Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket Tuesday when bought for 220,000gns to race in the US.
Most Popular Stories
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field