The action stepped up a notch on the second day of the Tattersalls autumn horses-in-training sale Oct. 28, with 19 lots selling for 100,000 guineas ($169,619 in United States funds) or more and a 90% clearance rate.
Tattersall's Autumn Horses in Training sale opened Oct. 27 with a 17% decline in average.
Dubai International Racing Carnival prospects dominated Tuesday's second session of the Tattersalls Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket.
Despite some notable absentees, Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training in Newmarket, England, between Oct. 23-26 saw a strong trade that resulted in a record turnover of almost 24 million guineas, up 22% on 2005.
Swagger Stick (Cozzene), a half-brother to Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Pleasantly Perfect (Pleasant Colony), topped day two of Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket Tuesday when bought for 220,000gns to race in the US.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud