Guest blogger/photographer Mathea Kelley returns with another update on Zenyatta. read blog
Timing can mean everything, and in the case of the $250,000 Ruffian Invitational Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 1 at Saratoga, it could result in a long-awaited grade I victory for Unrivaled Belle.
Odds-on choice Tasty Temptation delivered her fourth consecutive victory when she collared pacesetter La Rocca in deep stretch to win the $115,338 Hill 'N' Dale Stakes at Woodbine June 20.
Tasty Temptation, considered one of the most talented 3-year-old fillies in Canada, came from far back on the turn to register a half-length win in the $232,403 Wonder Where Stakes, the third jewel of the nation's Triple Tiara held at Woodbine July 25.
In spite of drifting out in the stretch, favored Eye of the Leopard edged past front-running Mr. Foricos Two U in the final strides to win the $883,819 Queen's Plate, the opening leg of the Canadian Triple Crown, by a neck June 21 at Woodbine.
Milwaukee Appeal, impressive winner of the Woodbine Oaks earlier this month, is the 3-1 morning line favorite for the $1 million Queen's Plate June 21 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold