Diamond Fury, at $2.7 million the most expensive 2-year-old in training ever purchased at public auction, was third in his debut at Del Mar Saturday, a 5½-furlong maiden special weight event.
Some of the horses who have made history on Breeders' Cup Championship Day were born and bred in the U.S., but now live elsewhere. Some were foaled in one country, raced in another, and now live somewhere completely different. Here are some of their stories.
Most Popular Stories
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Jockey David Mello Registers 1,000th Win
- F-T July: 'Chrome' Asst. Trainer Alan Sherman
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.