Diamond Fury, at $2.7 million the most expensive 2-year-old in training ever purchased at public auction, was third in his debut at Del Mar Saturday, a 5½-furlong maiden special weight event.
Some of the horses who have made history on Breeders' Cup Championship Day were born and bred in the U.S., but now live elsewhere. Some were foaled in one country, raced in another, and now live somewhere completely different. Here are some of their stories.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown