Christophe Clement, already a four-time winner of the event, has three of the six betting interests entered in the $150,000 Sheepshead Bay (gr. IIT) May 28 at Belmont Park.
German-bred filly La Luna de Miel, making just her second start in the United States, collared Giants Play at the sixteenth pole and held on to win the $150,000 Orchid Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park grass March 20.
Christophe Clement has won the Orchid Stakes (gr. IIIT) six times dating back to 1994 and on March 20 he will have another solid chance when sending out a trio of contenders in the 1 1/2-mile turf event at Gulfstream Park.
Favored Changing Skies pounced on Casablanca Smile in the stretch and proved a handy 3 3/4-length winner of the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Calder Casino and Race Course Jan. 2.
Green Hills Farm's Chilean-bred Casablanca Smile will be among the favorites in a field of 11 fillies and mares set to launch their 2011 seasons in the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT) Jan. 2 at Calder.
David Egan's homebred Mekong Melody stayed perfect in three tries at the marathon distance of 12 furlongs as she sprinted away in the stretch to score convincingly in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 13.
An international field of accomplished females, including Japanese group I winner Red Desire, will go postward in the Oct. 2 Flower Bowl Invitational (gr. IT) at Belmont Park.
Trainer Christophe Clement will seek his fifth victory in the $150,000 Sheepshead Bay Stakes (gr. IIT) when he sends out a pair of inexperienced but promising fillies making their stakes debuts in the 11-furlong turf event
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year