Camelot kept his perfect record intact with a superb five-length victory in the $2,054,000 Investec Derby (Eng-I) at Epsom June 2.
The Two Thousand Guineas winner is now the favorite for the Epsom Derby, a race more likely to be in line with his true aptitude.
Aidan O'Brien-trained Camelot took the lead in the final furlong and then held off the late challenge of French Fifteen to win the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) by a neck at Newmarket May 5.
Aidan O'Brien's Camelot lived up to all his pre-race hype with an easy 2 1/4 length victory in the $312,000 Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) at Doncaster Oct. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- March Into Amsterdam Off Two Stakes Victories
- Record Derby Week Keys Strong CDI Performance
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- Xtra Heat Halter to be Auctioned