Camelot kept his perfect record intact with a superb five-length victory in the $2,054,000 Investec Derby (Eng-I) at Epsom June 2.
The Two Thousand Guineas winner is now the favorite for the Epsom Derby, a race more likely to be in line with his true aptitude.
Aidan O'Brien-trained Camelot took the lead in the final furlong and then held off the late challenge of French Fifteen to win the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) by a neck at Newmarket May 5.
Aidan O'Brien's Camelot lived up to all his pre-race hype with an easy 2 1/4 length victory in the $312,000 Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) at Doncaster Oct. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt