Former trainer Michael Dickinson has put his 196-acre Tapeta Farm near North East, Md. on the market for an undisclosed price.
Members of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority racing team, as well as two trainers, visited Tapeta Farm in Maryland recently to review a synthetic racing surface with the inventor of Tapeta, trainer Michael Dickinson.
The Fair Hill Training Center in Elkton, Md., plans to install the Tapeta all weather surface on its training track during the summer of 2006,it announced May 31.
Ronald Winchell's Wood Memorial winner (gr. I) Tapit breezed five furlongs on the grass in 1:00.60 with jockey Ramon Dominguez in the saddle at Tapeta Farm in North East, Md.
Laurel Futurity (gr. III) winner Tapit had his first work since arriving at Palm Meadows training center, breezing an easy 7 furlongs in 1:30 3/5 Tuesday. Trainer Michael Dickinson still has not finalized plans as to when Tapit will make his 3-year-old debut.
Trainer Michael Dickinson took a long look at Cetewayo in his stall in Barn 52 at Hollywood Park Friday and liked what he saw. "He's 8, and he's as good as he's been," said Dickinson of the venerable warrior, whose name means 'Zulu Chief.'
Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Val Royal continued working toward his return to the races Thursday at Santa Anita and Ashland (gr. I) and Mother Goose Stakes (gr. I) winner Fleet Renee worked five furlongs on fast dirt at Tapeta Farm. Others working Thursday were Printemps; Bella, Bella, Bella; Crafty C. T.; Griffinite; Sarah Lane's Oates; and Silver Charm's half-sister by Deputy Minister, Elrose.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory