WinStar Farm LLC's License Fee suffered a minor injury and will miss the Falls City Handicap (gr. III) Thursday at Churchill Downs. Meanwhile, Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) winner Spain was assigned highweight of 122 pounds for the $250,000 race.
Atelier scored a seven-length victory in Aqueduct's Saturday co-feature, the $113,200 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares 3 years old and up.
Joe Orseno said Friday that Jerry Bailey will ride Golden Missile in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), replacing Kent Desormeaux, who also is the regular rider for Fusaichi Pegasus. Bailey also will ride Perfect Sting in the Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) and Macho Uno in the Juvenile (gr. I) for Orseno.
The Thoroughbred Corporation's Spain dueled though the stretch with Ruby Surprise before edging away to a one-length victory in the $250,000 Turfway Breeders' Cup (gr. III) Saturday at Turfway Park.
Silent Eskimo raced just off the pace set by Perlinda and held on through the stretch to win the $200,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) by 3/4 lengths Saturday at Ellis Park.
Fujita Yoshio's 5-year-old mare Lu Ravi won Sunday's $600,900 Delaware Handicap by a length over 1999 Delaware Handicap winner Tap To Music.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm