Edward Evans' homebred filly Dixie City repelled a bid from favored Believe in A.P. at the quarter pole and sailed to an easy victory in the $200,000 Demoiselle (gr. II) Nov. 27 at Aqueduct.
The Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) and two juvenile stakes, the Nashua (gr. II) and Tempted (gr. III), add some local spice to the Breeders' Cup program that begins Aqueduct's opening weekend Nov. 6.
R Heat Lightning, fresh off a nifty score in the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at seven furlongs Sept. 5 at Saratoga, steps up to a mile in the Frizette Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies Oct. 9 at Belmont Park.
Trainer Todd Pletcher, who won last year's Frizette Stakes (gr. I) with Devil May Care, is likely to have a foursome for the $300,000 race Oct. 9 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener
- Songbird Fleet in First Work Back