Edward Evans' homebred filly Dixie City repelled a bid from favored Believe in A.P. at the quarter pole and sailed to an easy victory in the $200,000 Demoiselle (gr. II) Nov. 27 at Aqueduct.
The Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) and two juvenile stakes, the Nashua (gr. II) and Tempted (gr. III), add some local spice to the Breeders' Cup program that begins Aqueduct's opening weekend Nov. 6.
R Heat Lightning, fresh off a nifty score in the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at seven furlongs Sept. 5 at Saratoga, steps up to a mile in the Frizette Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies Oct. 9 at Belmont Park.
Trainer Todd Pletcher, who won last year's Frizette Stakes (gr. I) with Devil May Care, is likely to have a foursome for the $300,000 race Oct. 9 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal