Central Kentucky equine broker Bill Mauk has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
The 4-year-old colt scores consecutive stakes wins with a victory in the Maxxam Gold Cup Jan. 26 at Sam Houston Race Park.
Youthful runners and experienced contenders will go head-to-head at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 26, when 7-year-old horses and 4-year-old colts mix it up in the $100,000 Maxxam Gold Cup Handicap.
The undefeated Thoroughbred Pepper's Pride and Zia Park Quarter Horse Championship winner Ketel Won have been named the Zia Park horses of the meet for their respective breeds.
Shadwell Stable's 2006 Horse of the Year Invasor shoulders top weight of 123 pounds as the 6-to-5 morning line favorite in his long-awaited return in Saturday's $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet