Central Kentucky equine broker Bill Mauk has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
The 4-year-old colt scores consecutive stakes wins with a victory in the Maxxam Gold Cup Jan. 26 at Sam Houston Race Park.
Youthful runners and experienced contenders will go head-to-head at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 26, when 7-year-old horses and 4-year-old colts mix it up in the $100,000 Maxxam Gold Cup Handicap.
The undefeated Thoroughbred Pepper's Pride and Zia Park Quarter Horse Championship winner Ketel Won have been named the Zia Park horses of the meet for their respective breeds.
Shadwell Stable's 2006 Horse of the Year Invasor shoulders top weight of 123 pounds as the 6-to-5 morning line favorite in his long-awaited return in Saturday's $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- The Week in Photos for 1/27/2015
- Keeping Pace: Upstart Figures to Improve
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages