Glennwood Farm's Tanya Gunther assesses the pedigree of Tamarkuz, a grade 1 winner and entering year sire of 2017 who was bred and raised on her family's farm.
John Gunther's Glennwood Farm announced Sept. 10 that multiple graded stakes-winning millionaire Last Gunfighter has been retired from racing.
Tanya Gunther helps manage and plan the matings for the 330-acre Glennwood operation. The results have been impressive, producing runners such as Stay Thirsty, Stevie Wonderboy, and My Miss Sophia.
By Tanya Gunther - It is impossible to put my head in the sand and ignore the demise of dirt racing's dramatic impact on the sport.
Eurowest Bloodstock's Take The Ribbon got up in the final lunge for jockey Rafael Bejarano to nose Quite a Bride in the $166,350 Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIIT) Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother