Eight-year-old Karelian, who scored the biggest win of his career in the Maker's Mark Stakes (gr. IT) last month, bids for consecutive grade I victories when he battles nine rivals in the $250,000 Shoemaker Mile (gr. IT).
Madeo, justifying the faith trainer John Shirreffs has shown in him, overtook pacesetter Tangled Tango in deep stretch to post a handy upset in the $350,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) Aug. 31.
Winner of the Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) in his last start, Gio Ponti switches coasts for New York-based trainer Christophe Clement and takes a shot at the best the California 3-year-old turf division has to offer in the $350,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) Aug. 31.
Sky Cape, ignored at the windows in an evenly-matched renewal of the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT), ran down pacesetter Liberian Freighter in the homestretch to earn his first graded stakes win comfortably over the Del Mar turf course Aug. 9.
Tiz West, a determined winner of the Cinema Handicap (gr. IIIT) for trainer Richard Mandella last time out, gets his first look at Del Mar's 3-year-old competition Aug. 9 in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady