Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Grade I stakes winner Sligo Bay hopes to tune up for the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap with a victory in the $100,000 Tanforan Handicap at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Decarchy became the third graded stakes winner produced by his dam when he won Saturday's Tanforan Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields. The half-brother of grade I winners Chester House and Honest Lady completed the 1 1/16-mile turf race in 1:44.25 on a course labeled "good."
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino