Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Grade I stakes winner Sligo Bay hopes to tune up for the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap with a victory in the $100,000 Tanforan Handicap at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Decarchy became the third graded stakes winner produced by his dam when he won Saturday's Tanforan Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields. The half-brother of grade I winners Chester House and Honest Lady completed the 1 1/16-mile turf race in 1:44.25 on a course labeled "good."
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%