Piers Pottinger's Irish bred Wixoe Express looked beaten in upper stretch by pacesetter Expresso Bay in Saturday's $84,900 Tanforan Handicap, but responded under jockey Matt Garcia to pull away in the final furlong for a two-length victory on a yielding Golden Gate Fields' turf course.
Grade I stakes winner Sligo Bay hopes to tune up for the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap with a victory in the $100,000 Tanforan Handicap at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Decarchy became the third graded stakes winner produced by his dam when he won Saturday's Tanforan Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields. The half-brother of grade I winners Chester House and Honest Lady completed the 1 1/16-mile turf race in 1:44.25 on a course labeled "good."
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group