Gary Seidler's Queenie Belle earned the second grade II victory of her career, winning the $209,400 Lady's Secret Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) by 1 1/4 lengths Saturday at Santa Anita.
Though undefeated and a full sister to a champion mare, Tamara Princess is unlikely to make an appearance in a Breeders' Cup race.
The Thoroughbred Corporation's Officer remained undefeated from three starts with a stakes-record setting victory over two rivals in the $138,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. III) and Double Cat, a half-sister to War Chant, earned her first win on Wednesday at Del Mar.
Champion and millionaire Riboletta, who was returned to racing in May after losing her Forestry foal this year because of mare reproductive loss syndrome, has been retired from racing because of a flare-up of an ankle injury.
Tamara Princess, a full sister to last year's champion older female Riboletta, made her 3-year-old debut a winning one Wednesday at Hollywood, winning a 6 1/2-furlong maiden race in 1:15.24.
The full sister of Riboletta and War Chant's half-sister will face each other while making their racing debuts on Wednesday at Hollywood Park.
Aaron and Marie Jones' Riboletta, last year's champion older female, is on the comeback trail, with the Oct. 27 Breeders' Cup Distaff the ultimate goal for the Eduardo Inda-trained mare. In her first workout since returning to the track, Riboletta breezed three furlongs in :37.4 at Santa Anita.
Top turf distaffer Tranquility Lake's next race may come on the main track in an effort to prepare the the 6-year-old mare for the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), according to trainer Julio Canani. Eclipse Award winner Riboletta is also being pointed to the Distaff.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager