Larry T. Smith, a former president of the Texas Thoroughbred Association, died June 11 after a battle with cancer.
Princess Haya was named 2009 Texas Horse of the Year and champion female at the Texas Thoroughbred Association's annual meeting and awards banquet Feb. 20.
It keeps getting easier for the flashy sprinter Zensational, who cruised to his third consecutive grade I victory under Victor Espinoza in the $300,000 Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Stakes at Del Mar Sept. 6.
Zensational, who has vaulted to the top of the national rankings for sprinters, goes for his third consecutive grade I win as the heavy favorite in the $300,000 Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Stakes at Del Mar Sept. 6.
Odds-on choice Zensational made it back-to-back grade I wins over older horses when he scored a front-running 2 1/2-length victory in the $300,000 Bing Crosby Stakes at Del Mar Aug. 8.
Recent grade I winner Zensational is the clear standout in the $300,000 Bing Crosby Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 8 at Del Mar in a field that was buoyed by the surprise addition of Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT) victor Global Hunter.
With the richer Sunshine Millions Sprint the preceding day, Santa Anita's $150,000 Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) Jan. 25 will have a weak field, giving several of the eight entrants an important graded stakes opportunity.
Arkansas Derby (gr. II) winner Gayego set a Hollywood Park Cushion Track track record for 6 1/2 furlongs when he won an optional claiming allowance race Nov. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Flashy American Flies to Sixty Sails Score
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Frac Daddy Powers Home in Ben Ali
- La Verdad Shows Her Heels in Distaff Handicap
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland