In a thrilling blanket finish, 8-year-old Better Talk Now beats English Channel and Shakis in the Manhattan Handicap (gr. I).
Better Talk Now had the final say when he inched out a head victory with a game effort between horses in the $250,000 CompUSA/Toshbia Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course Saturday.
Patiently guided by Ramon Dominguez, Bushwood Racing Partners' Better Talk Now stormed home along the inside to win Saturday's $750,000 United Nations (gr. IT) on a soft Monmouth Park turf course.
Returning to action for the first time in 2005, Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) hero Better Talk Now registered a confident win for jockey Ramon Dominguez by a neck over Remind in the $107,400 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Aqueduct turf Saturday.
Bushwood Stable's Better Talk Now stormed to the lead in mid-stretch and rolled on to an upset victory over favored Kitten's Joy in the $2 million John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT).
The return to competition by WinStar Farm's previously unbeaten Awesome Humor on Wednesday at Churchill Downs did not turn out as well as hoped, so trainer Elliott Walden will take a "wait and see" approach on a game plan that had been pointing the filly toward the $250,000 Acorn (gr. I) at Belmont Park on June 6.
Stakes winners Talkin Man and P. T. Indy will stand the 2001 breeding season at Andy and Sonja McKinnon's Anson Stud Farm near Caledon, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Health Zone: Nutrition & Yearling Sales Prep
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- Southwest Regional: Big Arm In the Barn
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3