Kaleem Shah's Fed Biz worked four furlongs in a quick :46 3/5 to lead a bevy of Breeders' Cup World Championships contenders who were on the track at Santa Anita Park Oct. 27.
Thirteen opponents await Slim Shadey in the $150,000 John Henry Turf Championship (gr. IIT) as the British-bred 5-year-old attempts to defend his title Sept. 29 at Santa Anita Park.
A pocket trip worked to perfection for Tale of a Champion and jockey Joe Talamo when they outfought favored All Squared Away in deep stretch to post a 10-1 upset in the Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) June 8.
Slim Shadey returns to his favorite distance of 10 furlongs as the 122-pound highweight in the $200,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf June 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Grade I winner Jeranimo launches his 7-year-old campaign Jan. 13 on the turf at Santa Anita Park in the $150,000 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT), a race he won in 2010 and was second in last year.
California Flag and Tale of a Champion, two contenders for the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT), worked over the grass course at Santa Anita Oct. 28 in preparation for the Nov. 3 race.
Just a little more than two months away from making a return appearance in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), Jeranimo heads a field of six for the $200,000 Del Mar Mile (gr. IIT) Aug. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'