The last time Bel Air Sizzle was entered in a race, it was through error. Less than 72 hours after the 3-year-old filly scored a solid 2 3/4-length allowance win at Hollywood Park, she was placed in the April 27 Melair Stakes, where trainer Barry Abrams intended to enter another starter, Lethal Heat, instead.
Members of the Southern California jockeys' colony, led by top jockey Garrett Gomez, will donate $20,300 to the Winners' Foundation on Dec. 29 at Santa Anita.
Joe Talamo, the leading candidate for this year's outstanding apprentice Eclipse Award, will no longer be represented by agent Ronnie Ebanks.
Jockey Joe Talamo has gained the mount on Lewis Michael, one of the leading contenders in the inaugural running of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile, which takes place Oct. 26 at Monmouth Park.
After completing a sensational Fair Grounds meet March 25 by running away with the riding title, 17-year-old Joseph Talamo hopes to make a name for himself on the top New York circuit.
Apprentice Joe Talamo, runaway leader in the jockey standings at Fair Grounds, will switch his tack to New York for the start of Aqueduct's main track meet in early April, according to his agent, Ronnie Ebanks.
Apprentice Joe Talamo, dominating the jockey standings at Fair Grounds, became the first rider of the 2007 meet to post five wins on a single card Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- Makari Wins Smithwick for Voss Murray
- Dayatthespa, Big Blue Kitten on Whitney Card
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- First Winner for Sire Concord Point