Less than a year after the New York Racing Association hired a veteran lawyer to help clean up its reputation in the wake of the betting takeout scandal, the now state-run racing corporation is moving to find a replacement.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
The New York Racing Association has named Ellen McClain as its new president and Kenneth V. Handal as acting general counsel and chief ethics and compliance officer.
Most Popular Stories
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- FPD Begins Distribution of Liberty Cu Nails
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner