California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger Thursday vetoed horseracing legislation that would have increased the takeout percentage on exotic wagers to help offset the costs of workers' compensation insurance premiums to horsemen.
California racing officials are hopeful that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger will sign legislation this week that would increase the takeout on exotic wagers by a half of a percentage point to help offset rising workers' compensation insurance premiums.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby