California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger Thursday vetoed horseracing legislation that would have increased the takeout percentage on exotic wagers to help offset the costs of workers' compensation insurance premiums to horsemen.
California racing officials are hopeful that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger will sign legislation this week that would increase the takeout on exotic wagers by a half of a percentage point to help offset rising workers' compensation insurance premiums.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever