Nine older horses square off in the one-mile $100,000 Hanshin Cup over Arlington's Polytrack in a wide-open affair
It may not be worth points on the road to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), but the $750,000 Illinois Derby (gr. III) drew a packed field of 14, including some familiar names, when entries were taken April 17
Sterling Racing's Black Onyx ran his way into the picture for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a 1 1/2-length victory in the $550,000 Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati Spiral Stakes at Turfway March 23.
Tampa Bay Derby runner-up will remain in the U.S. and point for the Kentucky Derby.
After sending out Frac Daddy for a five-furlong breeze at Gulfstream Park on the morning of March 16, trainer Ken McPeek reported that the 3-year-old son of Scat Daddy would likely run next in the $1 million Florida Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut