It may not be worth points on the road to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), but the $750,000 Illinois Derby (gr. III) drew a packed field of 14, including some familiar names, when entries were taken April 17
Sterling Racing's Black Onyx ran his way into the picture for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a 1 1/2-length victory in the $550,000 Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati Spiral Stakes at Turfway March 23.
Tampa Bay Derby runner-up will remain in the U.S. and point for the Kentucky Derby.
After sending out Frac Daddy for a five-furlong breeze at Gulfstream Park on the morning of March 16, trainer Ken McPeek reported that the 3-year-old son of Scat Daddy would likely run next in the $1 million Florida Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76