Strode Stables' Sea Siren made amends Saturday with a front-running four-length victory in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) for her first stakes triumph at odds of 14-1.
Take a Check and Maggie Slew, both graded stakes-placed, top a field of six fillies and mares entered for Saturday's $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park.
Fleet Indian's victory in the 1 1/4-mile Delaware Handicap (gr. II) was so easy it was hard to believe the field was running for $1 million Sunday at Delaware Park. Ridden by Jose Santos for trainer Todd Pletcher and owner Paul H. Saylor, the brilliant 5-year-old mare galloped to her sixth straight triumph and went over the $1 million earnings mark.
Paul Saylor's Fleet Indian will try to extend her current winning streak to six in the $1,000,000 grade II Delaware Handicap at Delaware Park this Sunday. The 1 1/4-mile test for fillies and mares has attracted a field of 10.
Dixie Talking was unraced at the beginning of December and a stakes winner at year's end when she beat seven other Maryland-bred fillies in Thursday's $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship.
With the 2004 season winding to a close this weekend, Marylanders will crown champions for both 2-year-old divisions with eight state-bred fillies having been drawn for Thursday's 1 1/16-mile Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship Stakes at Pimilico.
Rosalee C. Davison's homebred Here Us Roar hopes to extend her undefeated career tally to three in Saturday's $100,000 Selima Stakes at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup