Copano Richard blew past tiring pacesetter A Shin Top in the uphill stretch at Chukyo Racecourse and drew clear for victory in the Takamatsunomiya Kinen (Jpn-I) March 30.
Japan's reigning champion sprinter Lord Kanaloa uncoiled powerful strides on the uphill stretch at newly renovated Chukyo Racecourse and won the $2,195,000 Takamatsunomiya Kinen (Jpn-I) in course-record time March 24.
TVG has announced that in partnership with Woodbine Entertainment Group, the horse racing network is expanding its live coverage of racing from Japan in 2013.
Last year's Japanese sprint champion Curren Chan returned to form March 25 when she captured the $2.47 million Takamatsunomiya Kinen (Jpn-I) at newly renovated Chukyo Racecourse by a neck over San Carlo.
Twelve hours after the historic 1-2 finish by Japanese horses Victoire Pisa and Transcend in the Dubai World Cup defending champion Kinshasa no Kiseki captured the Takamatsunomiya Kinen at Hanshin Racecourse March 27.
Laurel Guerreiro upset favored Sleepless Night, last year's Japanese Racing Association champion sprinter, while posting his first grade I win in the US$2.25 million Takamatsunomiya Kinen at Chukyo racecourse March 29.
Suzuka Phoenix broke through for his first group I win March 25 in the Takamatsunomiya Kinen at Chukyo racecourse just outside the Japanese city of Nagoya, enabling champion jockey Yutaka Take to claim a group I triumph for the 20th consecutive season.
Trainer Darrell Vienna's California-bred sprinters Disturbingthepeace and Echo Eddie finished 13th and 17th, respectively, in Sunday's $1.435-million Takamatsunomiya Kinen on the turf at Chukyo racecourse in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse