Asia Express, a Florida-bred son of Henny Hughes, took to the turf for the first time in the Asahi Futurity (Jpn-I) Dec. 15 at Nakayama racecourse and kept his perfect record intact with a surprising burst of speed.
Ayusan dug in gamely to repel a strong late bid from Red Opal and capture the $2,311,000 Oka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese One Thousand Guineas, the first jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies April 7 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Favored Alfredo ran his unbeaten streak to three with a two-length victory in the $1.7 million Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day