Asia Express, a Florida-bred son of Henny Hughes, took to the turf for the first time in the Asahi Futurity (Jpn-I) Dec. 15 at Nakayama racecourse and kept his perfect record intact with a surprising burst of speed.
Ayusan dug in gamely to repel a strong late bid from Red Opal and capture the $2,311,000 Oka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese One Thousand Guineas, the first jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies April 7 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Favored Alfredo ran his unbeaten streak to three with a two-length victory in the $1.7 million Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses