Asia Express, a Florida-bred son of Henny Hughes, took to the turf for the first time in the Asahi Futurity (Jpn-I) Dec. 15 at Nakayama racecourse and kept his perfect record intact with a surprising burst of speed.
Ayusan dug in gamely to repel a strong late bid from Red Opal and capture the $2,311,000 Oka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese One Thousand Guineas, the first jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies April 7 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Favored Alfredo ran his unbeaten streak to three with a two-length victory in the $1.7 million Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Arizona's Global Symposium Registration Open
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Xpressbet to Sponsor West Virginia Derby