Asia Express, a Florida-bred son of Henny Hughes, took to the turf for the first time in the Asahi Futurity (Jpn-I) Dec. 15 at Nakayama racecourse and kept his perfect record intact with a surprising burst of speed.
Ayusan dug in gamely to repel a strong late bid from Red Opal and capture the $2,311,000 Oka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese One Thousand Guineas, the first jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies April 7 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Favored Alfredo ran his unbeaten streak to three with a two-length victory in the $1.7 million Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Magic Bay First Winner for Sire Neko Bay
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Riders Trujillo, Nakatani to Fight for PDJF
- That Handicapping Show - Woodward Stakes
- LoPresti Not Thinking About Horse of the Year
- Durkin to be Honored at Saratoga This Weekend