Asia Express, a Florida-bred son of Henny Hughes, took to the turf for the first time in the Asahi Futurity (Jpn-I) Dec. 15 at Nakayama racecourse and kept his perfect record intact with a surprising burst of speed.
Ayusan dug in gamely to repel a strong late bid from Red Opal and capture the $2,311,000 Oka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese One Thousand Guineas, the first jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies April 7 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Favored Alfredo ran his unbeaten streak to three with a two-length victory in the $1.7 million Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Zayat Compliments Churchill on Treatment
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- Finnegans Wake Flies Home, Takes Turf Classic
- El Kabeir Scratched From Kentucky Derby
- CDI Reports Record $194.3M in Derby Day Bets
- Tonalist Surges to Win Westchester Stakes
- Private Zone Delivers in Churchill Downs
- Big Blue Kitten Finds a Way in Fort Marcy