An American spoiled the Canada Day card at Woodbine Monday when Glen Hill Farm's Bonus Pack shipped in from Churchill Downs to win the CAN$219,800 Dominion Day Stakes (Can-III).
Tails of the Crypt, listed as a possible starter for the Belmont Stakes, finished second Saturday in the $162,750 Marine Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine. Also, another horse listed by Belmont Park as a possible starter in the third leg of the Triple Crown has been entered in Thursday's feature race at Hollywood Park –- the $75,000 Alydar Stakes.
TAILS OF THE CRYPT
Fourth choice Equality, bred and owned by Josephine Abercrombie's Pin Oak Stud, won the Tampa Bay Derby.
This is the time of the year to keep close tabs on 2-year-old maiden races. Whether trainers admit it or not, they are well aware that no Kentucky Derby winner has failed to start as a 2-year-old since Apollo in 1882. Recently, we've seen several intriguing prospects break their maiden, and now is as good a time as any to start planting the seed.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio