Graded stakes winner Tahkodha Hills was represented by his first winner when his daughter Sparkling Endeavor won July 20 at Canterbury Park.
Gary and Mary West's Dollar Bill will make his first start since finishing third behind Point Given and E Dubai in the Travers Stakes (gr. I) last August in a contentious allowance race Friday at Fair Grounds. Also in the field are grade III winners Tahkodha Hills and Connected, as well as listed stakes winner Desert Demon.
James Jackson's Valhol rallied from just off the pace then held Parade Leader safely at bat to win the $125,000 Whirlaway Handicap at the Fair Grounds. On a fast track, the 6-year-old gelded son of Diazo completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.94.
Pimlico Special winner Include will be the starting highweight for Friday's 127th running of the $400,000-added Clark Handicap. Meanwhile, two more Churchill Downs-based horses have joined the list of prospective starters for the Clark. Mary and Gary West's Ubiquity, trained by Bill Mott, and Jim and Pat Bohanon's Trion Georgia will contest the race.
Hal's Hope, a top 3-year-old of 2000 before finishing a disappointing 16th in the Kentucky Derby, returned to the winner's circle Monday when he won the $75,000 Memorial Day Handicap at Calder Race Course.
Tracy Farmer's Albert The Great will be an odds-on favorite against six rivals in Saturday's Widener Handicap (gr. III) at Hialeah Park. Eclipse champion Jorge Chavez will be aboard Albert the Great, with the 4-year-old son of Go For Gin shouldering top weight of 120 pounds in the 1 1/8-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream