Tapestry brought heavy favorite Taghrooda's unbeaten record to a shocking halt Aug. 22 in the Darley Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) at York.
Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner Taghrooda looms large as the unbeaten favorite for the Aug. 22 Darley Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) at the prestigious Ebor-at-York Festival meeting.
Monmouth Park, Saratoga, Del Mar, Europe, Parx, Canterbury, Woodbine & More! view slideshow
Taghrooda became the first Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner in more than three decades to capture the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Eng-I) July 26 at Ascot.
Classic-winning 3-year-old filly Taghrooda will face older males July 26, when she starts from the outside in the field of 12 expected for the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot.
The Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) took on a new look after Investec Oaks (Eng-I) winner Taghrooda was not included among the 11 fillies in the field when runners were declared the morning of July 17.
It's rather rare for a mare in a major racing jurisdiction to throw Derby-winning brothers. It's probably even rarer for both siblings to go on to sire classic winners themselves.
Shadwell homebred Taghrooda, from Sea The Stars' first crop, won the Investec Epsom Oaks (In Memory of Henry Cecil) (Eng-I) June 6. She was ridden by Paul Hanagan for trainer John Gosden.
Recent Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) winner Marvellous is the pre-race favorite among 17 fillies entered for the Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) June 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale