Mr. and Mrs. Bertram Firestone's Grand Reserve, to be ridden by Jerry Bailey, and Shadwell Stable's Tadreeb, with Jose Velez Jr. aboard, are the horses to beat in a field of 11 3-year-olds entered in Saturday's $200,000 Calder Derby (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Woodbine-based invader Jambalaya, a winner of three turf races in the past three months, is one of the horses to beat in the $100,000 Saranac (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds Sunday on the Saratoga grass course.
With a late surge, the maiden Interpatation nipped favored Tadreeb in Saturday's $100,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the turf at Gulfstream Park.
A mishap ruined his last start, but Prince Rahy looks ready to take on stakes company for the first time in Saturday's $100,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT), according to trainer Frank Alexander.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Beholder All Class in Easy Hirsch Score
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- Red Rifle Blasts Through in Bowling Green
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Gabriel Charles Set for Arlington Million