Multiple grade II winner T.H. Approval, injured during the Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IT) Saturday, has been retired because of a sesamoid injury, trainer Eduardo Inda reported from Santa Anita Thursday.
Even-money choice T.H. Approval reinforced his status as California's leading long distance turf horse when he circled the field on the final turn and surged to victory in the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) at 11 furlongs Sunday.
Favored T.H. Approval and jockey Alex Solis had the opposition in the $159,700 Sunset Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at their mercy Sunday, coming off the pace to register a 1 1/2-length victory as the 2006 Hollywood Park spring/summer meeting ended.
Tadahiro Hotehama's homebred T.H. Approval became the first back-to-back winner of the San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) in 38 years as Santa Anita brought down the curtain on the 2006 season.
Tadahiro Hotehama's homebred T.H. Approval registered his first win in nine attempts on the Santa Anita turf in capturing the $250,000 San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set