Multiple grade II winner T.H. Approval, injured during the Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IT) Saturday, has been retired because of a sesamoid injury, trainer Eduardo Inda reported from Santa Anita Thursday.
Even-money choice T.H. Approval reinforced his status as California's leading long distance turf horse when he circled the field on the final turn and surged to victory in the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) at 11 furlongs Sunday.
Favored T.H. Approval and jockey Alex Solis had the opposition in the $159,700 Sunset Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at their mercy Sunday, coming off the pace to register a 1 1/2-length victory as the 2006 Hollywood Park spring/summer meeting ended.
Tadahiro Hotehama's homebred T.H. Approval became the first back-to-back winner of the San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) in 38 years as Santa Anita brought down the curtain on the 2006 season.
Tadahiro Hotehama's homebred T.H. Approval registered his first win in nine attempts on the Santa Anita turf in capturing the $250,000 San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training