An outside post and a wide trip couldn't stop favored Irish Mission as she held off stablemate Tabreed by three-quarters of a length to take the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT) from Gulfstream Park Dec. 27.
Christophe Clement is enjoying the best year of his career since going out on his own in 1991 with almost $9 million in purse earnings, including a first victory in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with Tonalist.
Viva Rafaela, owned by Stud TNT, has been looking for the elusive winner's circle since last November. Although she has yet to get her picture taken during the past year, it hasn't been for the lack of trying.
For his first start back from Europe after a fourth-place finish in the Darley July Cup (Eng-I), grade III winner Undrafted will try the European-style turf course at Kentucky Downs.
The $200,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park July 12 is pretty much a roll of the dice, as 14 fillies and mares look to earn their way into the $750,000 Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 16.
Jockey Chris DeCarlo put his rivals to sleep aboard 28-1 shot Inimitable Romanee and the mare sprinted for home to post a one-length surprise in the 1 1/2-mile Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 9 on the turf at Aqueduct.
The beautifully bred filly Anjaz has an excellent shot at her first graded win when she challenges seven female opponents in the $200,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 9 on the turf at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Take Charge Brandi Set for Martha Washington
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Xpressbet Offers 'X-Country Pick 4' Feb. 7
- No Movement on Plans for Calder Barn Area
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- Downey Profile: 10 U.S. Noms to UAE Derby
- The Great War to Return in 96ROCK Stakes
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame