Proud Citizen, second in the Kentucky Derby and third in the Preakness, breezed an easy half-mile in :50 4/5 at Churchill Downs Sunday in preparation for the June 8 Belmont Stakes.
Trainer D. Wayne Lukas said the two horses he saddled in the Preakness - Proud Citizen, who finished third, and Table Limit, who crossed the wire 11th- would likely run in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on June 8.
With Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey aboard, Preakness Stakes favorite Medaglia d'Oro sizzled three furlongs in :35 at New York's Belmont Park as he prepared for Saturday's second leg of the Triple Crown at Pimlico Racecourse in Baltimore, Maryland.
With only two horses left to be drawn, including Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner War Emblem, and the first and last choices for post positions remaining, trainer Bob Baffert was poised to be either the straw that stirred the Preakness post position drink or a man without a plan.
Most Popular Stories
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Magic Bay First Winner for Sire Neko Bay
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Riders Trujillo, Nakatani to Fight for PDJF
- That Handicapping Show - Woodward Stakes
- LoPresti Not Thinking About Horse of the Year
- Durkin to be Honored at Saratoga This Weekend