Proud Citizen, second in the Kentucky Derby and third in the Preakness, breezed an easy half-mile in :50 4/5 at Churchill Downs Sunday in preparation for the June 8 Belmont Stakes.
Trainer D. Wayne Lukas said the two horses he saddled in the Preakness - Proud Citizen, who finished third, and Table Limit, who crossed the wire 11th- would likely run in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on June 8.
With Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey aboard, Preakness Stakes favorite Medaglia d'Oro sizzled three furlongs in :35 at New York's Belmont Park as he prepared for Saturday's second leg of the Triple Crown at Pimlico Racecourse in Baltimore, Maryland.
With only two horses left to be drawn, including Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner War Emblem, and the first and last choices for post positions remaining, trainer Bob Baffert was poised to be either the straw that stirred the Preakness post position drink or a man without a plan.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Three National Racing Attractions Share Memberships
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive