Proud Citizen, second in the Kentucky Derby and third in the Preakness, breezed an easy half-mile in :50 4/5 at Churchill Downs Sunday in preparation for the June 8 Belmont Stakes.
Trainer D. Wayne Lukas said the two horses he saddled in the Preakness - Proud Citizen, who finished third, and Table Limit, who crossed the wire 11th- would likely run in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on June 8.
With Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey aboard, Preakness Stakes favorite Medaglia d'Oro sizzled three furlongs in :35 at New York's Belmont Park as he prepared for Saturday's second leg of the Triple Crown at Pimlico Racecourse in Baltimore, Maryland.
With only two horses left to be drawn, including Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner War Emblem, and the first and last choices for post positions remaining, trainer Bob Baffert was poised to be either the straw that stirred the Preakness post position drink or a man without a plan.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- First Winner for Sire Concord Point
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney