Canadian jockey Steven Bahen has been named the 2012 recipient of the Avelino Gomez Memorial Award.
T J's Lucky Moon, who wowed Canadian fans by capturing the 2002 Queen's Plate Stakes at 82-1, has been retired from racing and will take up residence at owner Gino Molinaro's farm near Acton, Ontario.
Seven furlongs may not be the ideal distance for him to make his seasonal debut at Woodbine on Saturday, but trainer Ross Armata Jr. reminds that T J's Lucky Moon, 2002 Queen's Plate winner, knows a thing or two about winning against the odds.
Le Cinquieme Essai, translated from French as 'the fifth try', was making his fifth career start on Sunday in Fort Erie's Prince of Wales Stakes. Perhaps it was meant to be.
TJ's Lucky Moon pulls huge upset in Queen's Plate.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos