Veteran stakes performer Meteor Storm returns to Hollywood Park for the first time in three years on Saturday when he could become the oldest horse to win the prestigious Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IT) since the great John Henry won the race in 1983 at the age of 8.
European invader Hurricane Run, a multiple group I winner, drew the seven post position and was made the 3-1 morning line favorite for the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT).
Runaway Dancer, who swept from last to win the May 14 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT), will attempt to repeat that dramatic effort in Sunday's $150,000 Sunset Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT), closing day feature of Hollywood Park's 64-day spring/summer meet.
Sharon Fitzpatrick's millionaire Continental Red faces seven other turf marathoners as the 9-year-old gelding seeks to regain his winning form in Saturday's San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/2 miles over Santa Anita's grass.
Eight evenly-matched older turf specialists are set to go postward in Saturday's San Marcos Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos