Veteran stakes performer Meteor Storm returns to Hollywood Park for the first time in three years on Saturday when he could become the oldest horse to win the prestigious Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IT) since the great John Henry won the race in 1983 at the age of 8.
European invader Hurricane Run, a multiple group I winner, drew the seven post position and was made the 3-1 morning line favorite for the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT).
Runaway Dancer, who swept from last to win the May 14 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT), will attempt to repeat that dramatic effort in Sunday's $150,000 Sunset Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT), closing day feature of Hollywood Park's 64-day spring/summer meet.
Sharon Fitzpatrick's millionaire Continental Red faces seven other turf marathoners as the 9-year-old gelding seeks to regain his winning form in Saturday's San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/2 miles over Santa Anita's grass.
Eight evenly-matched older turf specialists are set to go postward in Saturday's San Marcos Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet