Veteran stakes performer Meteor Storm returns to Hollywood Park for the first time in three years on Saturday when he could become the oldest horse to win the prestigious Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IT) since the great John Henry won the race in 1983 at the age of 8.
European invader Hurricane Run, a multiple group I winner, drew the seven post position and was made the 3-1 morning line favorite for the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT).
Runaway Dancer, who swept from last to win the May 14 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT), will attempt to repeat that dramatic effort in Sunday's $150,000 Sunset Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT), closing day feature of Hollywood Park's 64-day spring/summer meet.
Sharon Fitzpatrick's millionaire Continental Red faces seven other turf marathoners as the 9-year-old gelding seeks to regain his winning form in Saturday's San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/2 miles over Santa Anita's grass.
Eight evenly-matched older turf specialists are set to go postward in Saturday's San Marcos Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online