Successful Kentucky-based trainer Kellyn Gorder is facing major sanctions after one of his horses tested positive for methamphetamine in November at Churchill Downs.
On April 6, two days after Gato Go Win was scratched from the Bay Shore Stakes (gr.III) at Aqueduct because the horse's trainer, Jeff Mullins, was observed administrating an orally-injected substance to his horse in the detention barn, the New York State Racing and Wagering Board said the "matter is still in the hands" of the Aqueduct stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Las Virgenes
- Mshawish Dazzles in Donn Handicap
- Hoppertunity Edges Imperative in San Antonio
- Mor Spirit Secures Robert B. Lewis Score
- El Niño Could Present Triple Crown Challenge
- Flamboyant Keeps Rolling in San Marcos
- Lukes Alley Takes Gulfstream Park Turf
- Marquee Miss Edges Nickname at Oaklawn
- Lady Shipman Aces Season Debut
- Texas Red Ready to Get Back to Work