Popular Ben's Cat won the battle but lost the war when Talk Show Man caught the gallant favorite in the final strides of the $126,250 Maryland Million Turf Oct. 19 at Laurel Park.
Colorful owner Arnold Heft died in his sleep March 12 at Sunrise at Fox Hill Senior Living Facility in Bethesda, Md. He was 94.
Sylvia Heft filed a lawsuit accusing Gulfstream Park of negligence involving a horse she claimed for $50,000 last year. It was determined that Brass Badge did not have on file a Coggins certificate verifying a negative test for equine infectious anemia (EIA) within the prior twelve months, as required by state law.
A racehorse owner filed a lawsuit Thursday against the Gulfstream Park Racing Association for allegedly violating horse safety laws by letting an uncertifed animal be claimed from a race.
Most Popular Stories
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap
- Chris' Brew, Galina Point Top Woodbine Stakes
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset