Popular Ben's Cat won the battle but lost the war when Talk Show Man caught the gallant favorite in the final strides of the $126,250 Maryland Million Turf Oct. 19 at Laurel Park.
Colorful owner Arnold Heft died in his sleep March 12 at Sunrise at Fox Hill Senior Living Facility in Bethesda, Md. He was 94.
Sylvia Heft filed a lawsuit accusing Gulfstream Park of negligence involving a horse she claimed for $50,000 last year. It was determined that Brass Badge did not have on file a Coggins certificate verifying a negative test for equine infectious anemia (EIA) within the prior twelve months, as required by state law.
A racehorse owner filed a lawsuit Thursday against the Gulfstream Park Racing Association for allegedly violating horse safety laws by letting an uncertifed animal be claimed from a race.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Lists Start Times, Bet Options
- Mile Draws 19 First-Preference Entries
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Eight Grade I Winners Entered in F&M Turf
- Goldencents Seeks Second Dirt Mile Victory
- Main Sequence Battles Euro Standouts in Turf
- Keeneland, Red Mile Partner on Instant Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Among 11 in F&M Sprint
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies