Jockey Kendrick Carmouche won his 1,000th race on July 28 when he guided Remain Silent to victory in the $100,000 Robert W. Camac Memorial Handicap for Pennsylvania breds at Philadelphia Park.
Philadelphia Park jockey Kendrick Carmouche, 19, was charged this week in Pennsylvania with sexual assault involving a 14-year-old girl.
A field of five will take the gate in the $75,000 Pan Zareta Handicap Saturday at FairGrounds, including the darling of Louisiana, Hallowed Dreams. Hallowed Dreams is one of five finalists for the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association's Accredited Louisiana Bred Horses of the Year awards in the 4-year-old and up filly and mare category.
Hallowed Dreams, the darling of Louisiana who has lost only once in 23 career starts, is expected to compete Saturday in the $75,000 Miller Lite Stakes at five furlongs on the turf at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31