Retired trainer John Veitch, who conditioned famed multiple grade I winner and later notable sire Alydar, has been appointed as the new chief steward for the Kentucky Horseracing Authority and will serve as the presiding steward at Ellis Park in Henderson, Ky., beginning July 9.
Still unsure of the cause, trainer Barclay Tagg said Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner Funny Cide was on the improve after spiking a fever of 102 Monday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Snowden Death Investigation "Inactive"
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion