With his incomparable half sister Black Caviar recently retired, All Too Hard ascended to the status of Australia's top horse in training April 27 after a dazzling performance in the All Aged Stakes (Aus-I) at Randwick.
Just 40 minutes after breaking a soul-zapping run of group I second placings, Damien Oliver made it two group I wins in a row when he magnificently steered the vastly improved, Sydney based stayer No Wine No Song to victory in the time-honored group I $600,000 Sydney Cup over two miles at Royal Randwick May 3.
Gallic, a horse that has fought enough injuries to fell half of a Kentucky Derby field, won the AUS$800,000 Sydney Cup on the final day of Randwick's fall meeting April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training