Regally-bred Grand Marshal made an indelible impression April 11 at Royal Randwick when snatching victory from stablemate Who Shot Thebarman in pulse-pounding finish to the 150th Sydney Cup (Aus-I).
With his incomparable half sister Black Caviar recently retired, All Too Hard ascended to the status of Australia's top horse in training April 27 after a dazzling performance in the All Aged Stakes (Aus-I) at Randwick.
Just 40 minutes after breaking a soul-zapping run of group I second placings, Damien Oliver made it two group I wins in a row when he magnificently steered the vastly improved, Sydney based stayer No Wine No Song to victory in the time-honored group I $600,000 Sydney Cup over two miles at Royal Randwick May 3.
Gallic, a horse that has fought enough injuries to fell half of a Kentucky Derby field, won the AUS$800,000 Sydney Cup on the final day of Randwick's fall meeting April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates
- Jockey Club Enhances Vet Record Reporting
- Marc Ricker Joins Eaton Sales Team