With his incomparable half sister Black Caviar recently retired, All Too Hard ascended to the status of Australia's top horse in training April 27 after a dazzling performance in the All Aged Stakes (Aus-I) at Randwick.
Just 40 minutes after breaking a soul-zapping run of group I second placings, Damien Oliver made it two group I wins in a row when he magnificently steered the vastly improved, Sydney based stayer No Wine No Song to victory in the time-honored group I $600,000 Sydney Cup over two miles at Royal Randwick May 3.
Gallic, a horse that has fought enough injuries to fell half of a Kentucky Derby field, won the AUS$800,000 Sydney Cup on the final day of Randwick's fall meeting April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Immortal Verse Sells for European Record
- Steep Wagering Decline at Churchill Fall Meet
- Longeing Surface's Effects on Sound, Lame Horses
- Cornell to Operate Ruffian Equine Specialists Hospital
- No Legislative Action on Illinois ADW Bill
- Horizontal Navigation: Racing Tab
- What's Going On Here: Dam Builders