With his incomparable half sister Black Caviar recently retired, All Too Hard ascended to the status of Australia's top horse in training April 27 after a dazzling performance in the All Aged Stakes (Aus-I) at Randwick.
Just 40 minutes after breaking a soul-zapping run of group I second placings, Damien Oliver made it two group I wins in a row when he magnificently steered the vastly improved, Sydney based stayer No Wine No Song to victory in the time-honored group I $600,000 Sydney Cup over two miles at Royal Randwick May 3.
Gallic, a horse that has fought enough injuries to fell half of a Kentucky Derby field, won the AUS$800,000 Sydney Cup on the final day of Randwick's fall meeting April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ruler of The World to Coolmore Stud for 2015
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Mr. Besilu to Texas' Eureka Thoroughbred Farm
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Don't Tell Sophia, Ria Antonia Drill for BC
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed
- HRRN Plans 17 Hours of Breeders' Cup Coverage