With his incomparable half sister Black Caviar recently retired, All Too Hard ascended to the status of Australia's top horse in training April 27 after a dazzling performance in the All Aged Stakes (Aus-I) at Randwick.
Just 40 minutes after breaking a soul-zapping run of group I second placings, Damien Oliver made it two group I wins in a row when he magnificently steered the vastly improved, Sydney based stayer No Wine No Song to victory in the time-honored group I $600,000 Sydney Cup over two miles at Royal Randwick May 3.
Gallic, a horse that has fought enough injuries to fell half of a Kentucky Derby field, won the AUS$800,000 Sydney Cup on the final day of Randwick's fall meeting April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream