Regally-bred Grand Marshal made an indelible impression April 11 at Royal Randwick when snatching victory from stablemate Who Shot Thebarman in pulse-pounding finish to the 150th Sydney Cup (Aus-I).
With his incomparable half sister Black Caviar recently retired, All Too Hard ascended to the status of Australia's top horse in training April 27 after a dazzling performance in the All Aged Stakes (Aus-I) at Randwick.
Just 40 minutes after breaking a soul-zapping run of group I second placings, Damien Oliver made it two group I wins in a row when he magnificently steered the vastly improved, Sydney based stayer No Wine No Song to victory in the time-honored group I $600,000 Sydney Cup over two miles at Royal Randwick May 3.
Gallic, a horse that has fought enough injuries to fell half of a Kentucky Derby field, won the AUS$800,000 Sydney Cup on the final day of Randwick's fall meeting April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Yes It's True Euthanized
- Pender Harbour: Farewell to 'The King'
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill
- Kentucky Oaks Winner Keeper Hill Dead at 20
- Effinex Looks for His Highlight Win in Clark
- Dortmund Out of Clark Handicap
- Churchill Unveils Derby Sire Future Wager
- Commissioner to WinStar Farm for 2016
- Wyoming Downs Reopens Historic Racing Games
- Saham Returns for Commonwealth Turf Bid