A daughter of Tale of the Cat became the highest-priced horse sold so far at the William Inglis & Son Sydney Classic yearling sale when she brought Aust$120,000 ($125,725 in U.S. funds) Jan. 23.
William Inglis & Son's Sydney Classic yearling sale ended its three-day run in Australia with increases of 8.3% in the number of horses that were sold, 11.7% in gross revenue, 3.2% in average price, and 4% in median price.
Four horses fetch Aust$100,000 ($98,895 in U.S. funds) or more apiece during Inglis Sydney Classic yearling sale's second session in Australia.
The William Inglis & Son Sydney Classic yearling sale began on a buoyant note Jan. 23 in Australia, with the first session average price up by more than 5% on figures from a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections