A daughter of Tale of the Cat became the highest-priced horse sold so far at the William Inglis & Son Sydney Classic yearling sale when she brought Aust$120,000 ($125,725 in U.S. funds) Jan. 23.
William Inglis & Son's Sydney Classic yearling sale ended its three-day run in Australia with increases of 8.3% in the number of horses that were sold, 11.7% in gross revenue, 3.2% in average price, and 4% in median price.
Four horses fetch Aust$100,000 ($98,895 in U.S. funds) or more apiece during Inglis Sydney Classic yearling sale's second session in Australia.
The William Inglis & Son Sydney Classic yearling sale began on a buoyant note Jan. 23 in Australia, with the first session average price up by more than 5% on figures from a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%