A daughter of Tale of the Cat became the highest-priced horse sold so far at the William Inglis & Son Sydney Classic yearling sale when she brought Aust$120,000 ($125,725 in U.S. funds) Jan. 23.
William Inglis & Son's Sydney Classic yearling sale ended its three-day run in Australia with increases of 8.3% in the number of horses that were sold, 11.7% in gross revenue, 3.2% in average price, and 4% in median price.
Four horses fetch Aust$100,000 ($98,895 in U.S. funds) or more apiece during Inglis Sydney Classic yearling sale's second session in Australia.
The William Inglis & Son Sydney Classic yearling sale began on a buoyant note Jan. 23 in Australia, with the first session average price up by more than 5% on figures from a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- First Starters for Stay Thirsty, Shackleford
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work