After reviewing the Sycamore Stakes contested Oct. 17 at Keeneland, the American Graded Stakes Committee has decided not to reinstate the grade III status of the scheduled turf race that was moved to main track.
Shadwell Stables' Najjaar returned to Polytrack for the first time since his 2-year-old season and handled the switch with success Oct. 17, taking an off-the-turf edition of the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes.
- By Frank Angst
Don't be surprised if the Keeneland paddock crowd around the tree listing "number six" is a bit thick before the Sycamore Stakes (gr. III) Thursday, Oct. 17. read blog
After two adventures in grade I company, trainer Graham Motion brings Wertheimer & Frere's homebred Nutello to the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland on Oct. 17.
Kindergarden Kid made his third start in little more than a month a winning one at Keeneland Oct. 18, kicking on the afterburners approaching the line to jet home in the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Roger Attfield, inducted into the Racing Hall of Fame this year, will try to add the Sycamore Stakes to his victory ledger when he sends out 10-year-old Musketier in the $100,000 race for 3-year-olds and older.
Millionaires Musketier and Rahystrada, with a combined 10 graded stakes victories between them, head a field of seven turf marathoners entered for the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 18 at Keeneland.
Cloudy's Knight, moving in tandem with favorite Winchester during a big stretch move, caught Yate's Black Cat just before the wire to win the $125,000 Sycamore (gr. IIIT) by a head Oct. 22 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore