Ageless Rochester won the $161,000 Sycamore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) for an unprecedented third time, carrying veteran jockey Gary Stevens to a 3 3/4-length victory in the 1 1/2-mile turf race.
Firing the opening stakes salvo of the fall meet, an experienced cast of eight is set to load onto Keeneland's turf course to contest the $150,000 Sycamore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) over 1 1/2 miles Friday.
Keeneland kicks off its fall race meeting in Lexington, Ky. Oct. 8 with "Fallstars Weekend" featuring seven graded stakes serving as stepping stones to the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Oct. 30 at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow