Ageless Rochester won the $161,000 Sycamore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) for an unprecedented third time, carrying veteran jockey Gary Stevens to a 3 3/4-length victory in the 1 1/2-mile turf race.
Firing the opening stakes salvo of the fall meet, an experienced cast of eight is set to load onto Keeneland's turf course to contest the $150,000 Sycamore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) over 1 1/2 miles Friday.
Keeneland kicks off its fall race meeting in Lexington, Ky. Oct. 8 with "Fallstars Weekend" featuring seven graded stakes serving as stepping stones to the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Oct. 30 at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks