Tucci Stables' Riker picked up his third win in as many starts Saturday, Sept. 5 when the son of Include cruised to a front-end win over four other juveniles in the $125,000 Swynford Stakes on the Woodbine Polytrack.
Tucci Stables' Riker will try to make it three straight Saturday when he faces an expected four other 2-year-olds in the $125,000 Swynford Stakes on the Polytrack at Woodbine.
Trainer Mark Casse scratched morning line favorite Conquest Typhoon from the $128,647 Swynford Stakes Sept. 7, but won the race for a third straight time anyway when Conquest Boogaloo came from behind at Woodbine.
Trainer Mark Casse has entered a pair for Conquest Stables for the $125,000 Swynford Stakes at Woodbine Sept. 7 in Conquest Typhoon and Conquest Boogaloo.
Odds-on pick Conquest Titan, with Eurico Rosa da Silva in the irons, broke his maiden in style at Woodbine Aug. 24 in the $119,552 Swynford Stakes for 2-year-olds.
Uncaptured remained unbeaten in four starts as a 2-year-old with a smart 3 1/4-length victory over three opponents in the $172,565 Swynford Stakes Sept. 9 at Woodbine.
David Dwyer's Barilko kept his unblemished record intact with a workmanlike performance in the featured $125,000 Swynford Stakes for 2-year-olds on the all-weather track Saturday at Woodbine.
Owner Bear Stables Ltd. notched its second juvenile stakes victory in as many weekends at Woodbine on Sunday when Bear Character upset in the $132,750 Swynford Stakes at seven furlongs.
The toteboard suggested he didn't have a shot, but Winter Whiskey was the toast of the $134,250 Swynford Stakes for 2-year-olds at Woodbine on Sunday.
There were only four horses in Sunday's $133,250 Swynford Stakes for 2-year-olds at Woodbine Sunday, but as far as Mark Casse, trainer of the winning Added Edge, is concerned, it didn't matter how many ran.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby