Trainer Mark Casse scratched morning line favorite Conquest Typhoon from the $128,647 Swynford Stakes Sept. 7, but won the race for a third straight time anyway when Conquest Boogaloo came from behind at Woodbine.
Trainer Mark Casse has entered a pair for Conquest Stables for the $125,000 Swynford Stakes at Woodbine Sept. 7 in Conquest Typhoon and Conquest Boogaloo.
Odds-on pick Conquest Titan, with Eurico Rosa da Silva in the irons, broke his maiden in style at Woodbine Aug. 24 in the $119,552 Swynford Stakes for 2-year-olds.
Uncaptured remained unbeaten in four starts as a 2-year-old with a smart 3 1/4-length victory over three opponents in the $172,565 Swynford Stakes Sept. 9 at Woodbine.
David Dwyer's Barilko kept his unblemished record intact with a workmanlike performance in the featured $125,000 Swynford Stakes for 2-year-olds on the all-weather track Saturday at Woodbine.
Owner Bear Stables Ltd. notched its second juvenile stakes victory in as many weekends at Woodbine on Sunday when Bear Character upset in the $132,750 Swynford Stakes at seven furlongs.
The toteboard suggested he didn't have a shot, but Winter Whiskey was the toast of the $134,250 Swynford Stakes for 2-year-olds at Woodbine on Sunday.
There were only four horses in Sunday's $133,250 Swynford Stakes for 2-year-olds at Woodbine Sunday, but as far as Mark Casse, trainer of the winning Added Edge, is concerned, it didn't matter how many ran.
Most Popular Stories
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives