A committee of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission is close to finalizing changes in how jockey advertising is regulated. All revenue may be required to go to charities.
Kentucky Sen. Damon Thayer is honored by Kentucky breeders for his role in the Breeders Incentive Program.
Racetrack executives, industry leaders, trainers, veterinarians and others react to the death of Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro on Jan. 29.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Association notified its membership of its agenda for the upcoming Kentucky legislative session during a Jan. 23 meeting at the Keeneland sales pavilion.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Farm Service Agency (FSA) approved $5,407,739.00 in low-interest loans for breeders in Central Kentucky negatively-impacted by mare reproductive loss syndrome.
Elementary-age students are being introduced to the Thoroughbred through "Kids Connection to Thoroughbreds," a program in Fayette County public schools.
Preliminary data from the Kentucky Department of Agriculture shows that, following required quarantine and testing of imported horses, approximately 205 overseas Thoroughbred mares were received in the state in 2001 compared with 248 mares 2000. Exact totals will be available in a few weeks.
The secret is out--Garrett O'Rourke, manager of Prince Khalid Abdullah's North American division of Juddmonte Farms, is this year's Kentucky farm manager of the year.
Financial and legislative endeavors tied to mare reproductive loss syndrome (MRLS) continue in Kentucky, while in Washington D.C. the farm aid bill, which includes some assistance for people impacted by foal loss and also designates the horse as livestock, passed the House Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector