The yearling sales market at Karaka declined 6.4% to $72,387,700 ($61,248,468) in total sales during New Zealand Bloodstock's marathon week of trading that concluded Feb. 4.
A Swiss Ace colt sold for $125,000 (US$105,663) Feb. 3 at Karaka, a record price for New Zealand Bloodstock's Festival yearling sale.
The select portion of New Zealand Bloodstock's National yearling sales series concluded Feb. 1 at Karaka with declines in total sales and average price, but median held steady.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo