The yearling sales market at Karaka declined 6.4% to $72,387,700 ($61,248,468) in total sales during New Zealand Bloodstock's marathon week of trading that concluded Feb. 4.
A Swiss Ace colt sold for $125,000 (US$105,663) Feb. 3 at Karaka, a record price for New Zealand Bloodstock's Festival yearling sale.
The select portion of New Zealand Bloodstock's National yearling sales series concluded Feb. 1 at Karaka with declines in total sales and average price, but median held steady.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch
- Battle of Midway Logs Final Work for Kentucky Derby
- Unbridled Unleashed