The yearling sales market at Karaka declined 6.4% to $72,387,700 ($61,248,468) in total sales during New Zealand Bloodstock's marathon week of trading that concluded Feb. 4.
A Swiss Ace colt sold for $125,000 (US$105,663) Feb. 3 at Karaka, a record price for New Zealand Bloodstock's Festival yearling sale.
The select portion of New Zealand Bloodstock's National yearling sales series concluded Feb. 1 at Karaka with declines in total sales and average price, but median held steady.
Most Popular Stories
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- 5 Tips for Feeding Weanlings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail