The New York Racing Association has another losing month. NYRA reported losses of $3.9 million in January to the bankruptcy court.
New York Yankees partner Steve Swindal said his Excelsior Racing Associates group is already discussing future track management and laying plans to take over racing in New York on Jan. 1, 2008 when, he believes, Excelsior will begin operating Aqueduct, Belmont, and Saratoga racetracks.
Principals in the ownership of and construction of a new stadium for the New York Yankees are similarly committed to strengthening the Thoroughbred racing and breeding industry in New York via the Excelsior Group, Yankees partner Steve Swindal said.
Most Popular Stories
- Calculator Wins in Santa Anita Return
- Ziconic Set for Debut at Santa Anita
- Frank Conversation Wins El Camino Real Derby
- Tara's Tango Gets Up in Santa Maria
- Airoforce, Mo Tom Top Risen Star
- Tepin Flawless in Endeavour
- Bolo Upsets Obviously in Arcadia Stakes
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- Reload Fires in 2016 Debut, Wins Tampa Bay
- Destin Posts First Stakes Win in Sam F. Davis