Winchell Thoroughbreds' Untapable has turned a dazzling romp in Saturday's Rachel Alexandra Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds Race Course into status as the top individual choice for the Kentucky Oaks Future Wager.
Sweet Whiskey took the inside path in the $100,000 Old Hat Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 4 at Gulfstream Park, charging past stablemate and runner-up Co Cola in the stretch to notch her first stakes victory.
After closing 2013 with a runner-up finish in the Matron Stakes (gr. II), Sweet Whiskey will try to secure her first graded stakes win Jan. 4 at Gulfstream Park in the $100,000 Old Hat Stakes (gr. III).
Pennsylvania-bred filly by Jump Start is now unbeaten in three starts after winning six-furlong Matron Stakes (gr. II) in 1:10.57. Favored Sweet Whiskey was a length back in second.
Trainer Todd Pletcher swept last year's Matron and Futurity stakes for 2-year-olds last year at Belmont Park with Kauai Katie and Overanalyze, and is well positioned to try it again Sept. 29 in New York.
Sweet Reason confirmed her love for sloppy going when the recent maiden winner splashed away to an easy victory in the $300,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 1 at Saratoga Race Course.
Alto Racing's impressive maiden winner Sweet Whiskey now will face a stern test of quality as she takes on eight foes Sept. 1 in the 122nd running of the $300,000 Spinaway (gr. I).
Sweet Whiskey and Stopchargingmaria, two Todd Pletcher-trained fillies headed to the $300,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I), worked over the Saratoga Race Course main track Aug. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%