Good Night Shirt, the 2007 Eclipse award winner as the nation's top steeplechase horse, heads a list of 10 nominated for the $150,000 Iroquois (NSA-I) at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn., on May 10.
Questions abounded over his fitness, but the three-time champion hurdler McDynamo turned back all challengers on the final turn and drew off over the final half-mile to win his fifth consecutive Breeders' Cup Grand National (NSA-I) Oct. 20 at the Far Hills Races in New Jersey.
Champion steeplechaser McDynamo attempts to extend his history-making streak of success in the Breeders' Cup Grand National (NSA-I) Oct. 20 at the Far Hills Races in Far Hills, N.J.
Good Night Shirt overcame a stumble on the final fence when he nearly lost his rider, registering a one-length victory over Orison in the inaugural running of the $168,400 Lonesome Glory Hurdle (NSA-I) at Belmont Park Sept. 22.
The A.P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase (NSA-II) Thursday at Saratoga came down to the final 20 yards of the flat run when when a determined Mixed Up outfought the front-running Preemptive Strike to win by a half-length.
Most Popular Stories
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- The Handicapping Show: CashCall Futurity
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds