Good Night Shirt, the 2007 Eclipse award winner as the nation's top steeplechase horse, heads a list of 10 nominated for the $150,000 Iroquois (NSA-I) at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn., on May 10.
Questions abounded over his fitness, but the three-time champion hurdler McDynamo turned back all challengers on the final turn and drew off over the final half-mile to win his fifth consecutive Breeders' Cup Grand National (NSA-I) Oct. 20 at the Far Hills Races in New Jersey.
Champion steeplechaser McDynamo attempts to extend his history-making streak of success in the Breeders' Cup Grand National (NSA-I) Oct. 20 at the Far Hills Races in Far Hills, N.J.
Good Night Shirt overcame a stumble on the final fence when he nearly lost his rider, registering a one-length victory over Orison in the inaugural running of the $168,400 Lonesome Glory Hurdle (NSA-I) at Belmont Park Sept. 22.
The A.P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase (NSA-II) Thursday at Saratoga came down to the final 20 yards of the flat run when when a determined Mixed Up outfought the front-running Preemptive Strike to win by a half-length.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets